Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Questions About Atlanta Falcons Scores Season

David asks…

Can anyone tell me how i didn't make the playoffs in my fantasy fb league when i scored the most points?

my season total was 1702 and i came in 5th out of 6th people with a record of 4-7

i had 1595 points scored against me making my total positive 107 points

the people who made the 4 playoff spots had these results

1. 8-3 1450 pts - 1427 pts +23

2. 6-5 1695 pts - 1689 pts +6

3. 6-5 1581 pts - 1602 pts -21

4. 6-5 1571 pts - 1573 pts -2

so as you can see i not only had the most points but also had the best point differential and 2 of the players ahead of me had more points scored against. so can anyone please tell me how i ended up out of the playoff picture it really makes no sense, especially when u look at the fact that i scored over 2500 more points the first place guy who had an 8-3 record, he also had a negative point differential the whole season until the last weeks game. basically what this tells me is that fantasy football is bullshit and completely based on luck especially when u look at the amazing team i picked this year at the beginning of the season there was almost no doubt in my mind i was going to win or atleast make the playoffs check out my roster

QB1: Aaron Rodgers
QB2: Drew Brees
WR1: Roddy White
WR2: Dwayne Bowe/Mike Williams (TB)
WR3: Hakeem Nicks/Wes Welker
HB1: Arian Foster
HB2: Michael Turner/Steven Jackson/Fred Jackson
TE: Vernon Davis (originally had Jermichael Finely but when he went down traded to get Davis)
K: David Buehler (went with Janikowski most of the season though)
DEF: Atlanta Falcons (went with the Steelers for most of the season though)

so all this being said (i know it was very long) HOW THE FUCK DID I NTO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS?!?!?!!
I know record decides playoffs, im asking how did i not end up with a better record. and yeah i have a hard time believing i ended up 4-7 too. i had the 6th pick in the draft (meaning i also got the 7th) and took Rodgers and Brees with my consectutive picks. Roddy White or Steven Jackson was my next pick and i got Turner cause some idiot in my league dumped him when he was slumping at the beginning of the season. and as for the rest of the league theres two other teams that were as good or close to as good as myn but id still pick myn as the best even though i ended up 4-7 somehow.

admin answers:

There were others who had the highest scoring teams and didn't make the playoffs. It doesn't usually happen, but it can when your schedule happens to pair you up with weaker teams on the weeks they have their high scores. The bottom line is that a 4 - 7 team won't make the playoffs. Look at the current NFL standings - the Jags have the division lead with a negative point differential. It essentially says they're winning close games and getting blown out on occassion.

James asks…

Carolina vs. Atlanta. Are these teams closly matched every year?

Every time i see the Falcons & Panthers play, the light up the score board..and its always a good game..no matter which team is good or bad...why...i mean even wen the Panthers went to the Super bowl in 03..the falcons had a bad season but still maganed to make a game out of it...beating Carolina 20-14(OT) in the middle of the season...why do these two always play good against each other?

admin answers:

Its rilvalry i guess. But next year the games won't be close at all. Atlanta is going to have a long recovering process. If Jake is back to his old self then the games shouldn't be close at all.

Mary asks…

What are your week 13 picks?

What are your picks for this week?

Here are mine

New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills - The bills have been playing pretty well the past 2 games and seem to have finally found ways to get their offense to move the ball. The Jets aren't very good and its at buffalo. I am going with the Bills to upset the Jets assuming the jets are favored.


New Orleans Saints @ Washington Redskins - It is always possible that a team has a let down game after a huge performance like the Saints put on last monday. That would be the only thing that could save the redskins, and quite frankly I don't see it happening. I like the saints by a lot.

Philadelphia Eagles @ Atlanta Falcons - I think the eagles are little better than the falcons and should find a way to win even at Atlanta.

St Louis Rams @ Chicago Bears - Even the bears can beat St. Louis.

Tennessee Titans @ Indianapolis Colts - This is my upset pick. Titans always play the colts well and can run. The Colts can't stop the run, and the titans defense can still keep manning to a reasonable score. I like the titans to keep their momentum and upset the colts.

Denver Broncos @ Kansas City Cheifs - KC is still not there yet. I like Denver to keep up their play from last week. Denver wins by 2 scores.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Carolina Panthers - Freeman has done well. It wouldn't shock me if the Bucs find a way to win, but for now I am not picking them.

New England Patriots @ Miami Dolphins - Both of these teams looked horrible last week, but the Pats were playing the saints and the Dolphins were playing the Bills so the Pats had a little bit of an excuse. But in all seriousness, the Pats are a better team and play well after a loss. The Dolphins are gonna get stomped on.

Detroit Lions @ Cincinnati Bengals - The Bengals will beat the lions.

Houston Texans @ Jacksonville Jaguars - The Texans choked the past few weeks. They'll find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory again.

Oakland Raiders @ Pittsburgh Steelers - The steelers will exact their revenge on the lowly raiders.
San Diego Chargers @ Cleveland Browns - The Chargers wont win if they don't show up. But all signs indicate they will make the trip.

San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks - At Seattle I think the hawks can eek this out.

Dallas Cowboys @ New York Giants - Dallas is playing well, new york isn't. I like the cowboys even though this is at new york.

Minnesota Vikings @ Arizona Cardinals - The Cardinals haven't played well at home this season and the vikings are pretty good. I like the Vikings.


Baltimore Ravens @ Green Bay Packers - Both teams are trying to keep their outside shot playoff hopes alive. Both teams are mediocre at best, but the ravens are riding high after their win over the steelers and I believe they can find a way to win at GB.

10 points for the most correct.

admin answers:

New York Jets

New Orleans Saints (I want the Redskins to win though)

Philadelphia Eagles

Chicago Bears

Indianapolis Colts (I hope they keep going and stay undefeated)

Kansas City Chiefs

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Miami Dolphins (I wish)

Detroit Lions

Houston Texans

Pittsburgh Steelers

San Diego Chargers

Seattle Seahawks

New York Giants (We need a win)

Arizona Cardinals

Green Bay Packers

:)

Ken asks…

What Do You Think of DA BEARS? (09-10 Record Prediction)?

I am a Die-Hard Bears Fan, born in Chicago, raised in Seattle. But you don't give a shit about me. I want your opinion for the Bears record this season. This is my prediction.
Week 1: Chicago vs. Green Bay Bears Win
Week 2: Pittsburgh vs. Chicago Pittsburgh Win
Week 3: Bears vs. Seattle Bears Win
Week 4: Bears vs. Detroit Bears Win
Week 5: Bye Week
Week 6: Bears vs. Atlanta Bears Win (not sure)
Week 7: Bears vs. Cincinnati Bears Win
Week 8: Bears vs. Cleveland Bears Win
Week 9: Bears vs. Arizona Arizona Win (not sure)
Week 10: Bears vs. San Fransisco Bears Win
Week 11: Bears vs. Philladelphia Philladelphia Win (Not Sure)
Week 12: Bears vs. Minnesota Minnesota Win
Week 13: Bears vs. St. Louis Bears Win
Week 14: Bears vs. Green Bay Bears Win
Week 15: Bears vs. Baltimore Baltimore Win (Not Sure)
Week 16: Bears vs. Minnesota Bears Win (Not Sure)
Week 17: Bears vs. Detroit Bears Win

Overall Record: 11-5


My predictions are usually fairly close, I am going to review why I'm not sure about some of those games.

Week 6: Bears vs. Atlanta
I know nothing about Atlanta Falcons besides they didn't get anyone major in the off-season. Bears lost to the Falcons last year because the Coaching was horrible where falcons kicked a game-winning field-goal because the Bears played a prevent defense even though they were winning by one. So I have the Bears winning because Lovie took over as Defensive Cordinator and the Bears are a much better team than last year.

Week 9: Bears vs. Arizona

Sure Arizona played a great game in the Super Bowl but Arizona went 9-7 last year in regular season which isn't too impressive by my standards. Bears did not play Arizona last season so things have obviously changed since last time they played. Arizona has a great passing game even with an aging Quarterback but he is still a good one despite age.

Week 11: Bears vs. Philadelphia
Philadelphia is going to disappoint everyone this year. Sure Eagles picked up Michael Vick but he can't play until Week 6, and Eagles did have the same players as last year even though Westbrook was injured when the Eagles played the Bears. Bears have a great defense but Bears do not know how to play against the wildcat formation which is what Philadelphia will do or will do because of the Michael Vick pick-up. Close game last year, not sure about this year though, could go either way if Bears bring their 'A' game or in this case 'D' game.

Week 15: Bears vs. Baltimore
Three years back I believe is when the Bears played Baltimore last which is when Bears had Devin Hester, the game was probably the worst game played by the Bears that season even though they won. Why's that? The good luck charm Rex Grossman! The offense scored 0 points that game. (It's been awhile so my mind's a bit foggy of that game) The Bears Defense and Special Teams looked amazing as they beat the Ravens. The Ravens got a good defense, and sure Bears picked up Cutler, but they still have a great defense nevertheless. (Ravens). Now that Hester is first string Wide Receiver he is off the Kick Return team. He still returns punts and in the Ravens case field goals too :) but Ravens got a great Defense and I don't know if Bears will play well.

Week 16: Bears vs. Minnesota
Minnesota got Brett Favre. Who cares? Sure Favre is a great Quarterback, I'm not doubting him but he seems to get worse and worse as the years go by, and the Bears know Favre pretty well but Vikings still got the unstoppable Adrian Peterson. Favre can give a good fake so he is a plus for the Vikings but Vikings aren't going to have a great passing game even though they have Brett. If Bears put pressure on Favre by blitzing htye should come up with the 'W'



Those are my predictions if you don't agree tell me what week and your season why, because I want to know because I'm a pessimist person but an optimist Bears fan, and if you're wondering because I'm a pessimist am I a White Sox fan? You are absolutely correct my friend, never been a cubs fan, never will, their just a heartbreaking team. Enough baseball... If you totally think I am wrong then you must be a Packers fan.. because even though I am a bit bias I think this is a reasonable prediction

admin answers:

I think you should change the Week 17 game to a loss. By that time, I think Detroit will be out of the playoff chase, and the Bears should have their playoff position locked up. It is in Detroit, and the Lions will be much better this year than they were last year.

Other than that, I agree. But watch out for Green Bay. I think they might take one of the games. But they should beat Arizona, so, I guess it evens out.

Sharon asks…

NFL Week 4 Predictions?

Your predictions?

New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills: As a team that acquired most star players during the off-season, they aren't really producing as much as I expected. Cromartie seems to be doing a great job in the D, enough to beat Bills I think.

Cincinatti Bengals @ Cleveland Browns: Hands down Bengals. Don't think Browns can do much with a powerful Offense.

Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers: Should be a good match up in this one, Steelers offense isn't as explosive as it's defense, but I can see Ravens sneaking in from behind to take this one. 50/50 for me.

Denver Broncos @ Tennessee Titans: Not sure what to say in this one xD Titans don't really know what weapons they have, referring to the Pittsburgh game, taking out Vince Young for Collins? We'll see what Dawkins does to stop their offense. I say Broncos.

Detroit Lions @ Green Bay Packers: Giving it to Packers only because of a close one last week against the Bears. They got too confident when they were ahead and allowed for a loss. Hopefully they can keep their cool throughout the entire game.

San Francisco 49ers@ Atlanta Falcons: I'm more inclined to go with the Falcons, not sure by how much but if they allow the Forty-Niners even a small chance to score they'll take advantage of it. Game for Falcons.

Carolina Panthers @ New Orleans Saints: Playing at the Superdome will be a challenge for the 0-3 Panthers and second round pick Quarterback Jimmy Clausen is expected to start against the Saints. I'm still going with the Saints, World Champs should be able to win this without a sweat.

Seattle Seahawks @ St. Louis Rams: Definetely going with Seattle on this one, Pete Carroll is really coming along with a good offense, enough to defeat the AFC West's Chargers last week. The Rams will be ready but not enough against sneaky Carroll.

Indianapolis Colts @ Jacksonville Jaguars: Colts hands down. Need I say more?

Houston Texans @ Oakland Raiders: Texans, a little questionable after last week against Dallas, but not so much as counting them as a loss against the 1-2 Raiders. Going with Texans.

Washington Redskins @ Philadelphia Eagles: An NFC Beast shoot out, the Eagles have dominated the NFC East, but Redskins's Mike Shanahan won't go down easily. This one's a big 50/50, it's anyone's game.

Arizona Cardinals @ San Diego Chargers: I like the Chargers, but they've been very disappointing with their traditional bad starts, can they come back like they always do for Playoffs? I'm thinking yes.

Chicago Bears @ New York Giants: If Cutler can keep a good, focused head throughout the game, then we'll be seeing at least a 14 point difference win against the Giants. Eli Manning can step up, but it's unlikely IMO. Game to Bears.

New England Patriots @ Miami Dolphins: Monday Night Football should be another good game. This one has another 50/50 with me, Dolphins have a chance if they weren't so predictable, Tony Sparano needs to mix it up, not just run, run, pass. pass, pass, run. They were close last week with the Jets, now they have ONE loss, I think they can beat the Patriots, especially at home, but I'm still going 50/50

Of course Dallas, Kansas City, Minnesota, and Tampa Bay have their bye-weeks this week. Any predictions for the other team wins/losses?

admin answers:

NY Jets @ Buffalo- I will go with the Bills. This is my upset pick, they have played close games in each game they've played so far. Without Revis, there secondary isn't great, and I think they will overlook this game a little bit.

Cincinnati @ Cleveland- The Bengals will win easily. The Browns aren't a good team, they really don't stand a chance against Cincy.

Baltimore @ Pittsburgh. I have to go with Baltimore here. Both teams have great defenses, but the Steelers offense isn't close to as good as the Ravens.

Denver @ Tennessee- I will take the Titans here. I just think Chris Johnson will be too much for the Broncos Defense

Detriot @ Green Bay- The Packers. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the Lions win, but I don't think they will. Shaun Hill is a bad QB, and Vanden Bosch, Delmas, and Levy are all banged up. Not to mention Rodgers will throw all over Wade and our secondary.

San Francisco @ Atlanta- I'm taking the Falcons. There coming off a huge win against the Saints, and the 9'ers are coming off a bad loss. There going to fall to 0-4 on the season.

Carolina @ New Orleans- The Saints will win this one, hands down. There just a far better team than the Panthers.

Seattle @ St Louis- This is another upset pick of mine, I'm taking the Rams. I really like what I've seen of Bradford so far in his career.

Indianapolis @ Jacksonville. Colts. Jack Del Rio doesn't understand how good MJD is, they need to give him the ball before they go down by 20.

Houston @ Oakland- The Texans will win. Schuab is just to good to lose against such a bad team.

Washington @ Philadelphia. I think the Eagles will win this one. I don't think Vick will play as good as he has so far this year.

Arizona @ San Diego. San Diego, the Cardinals got lucky last week, but that won't happen again.

Chicago @ NY Giants- The Giants will win. This is my 3rd upset pick of the week, I think Eli will have a great game. The Bears aren't as good as people say they are.

New England @ Miami- Both teams have loses against the Jets, but I'll give the edge to the Pats. I just think they are a way better team.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment