Monday, December 26, 2011

Questions About Peyton Manning Surgery

Robert asks…

Peyton Manning SURGERY!?!?!?

I just read and heard on the news, literally, 20 minutes ago (it's 10:45) that Peyton Manning had a bursa sack removed from his knee!?! The team's reps call the surgery routine but the knee had been bother Peyton since Feb. This is the same thing that held Marvin Harrison out of 12 games!
I guess, to make a question... being that I've never had a sports related injury, is this a normal thing?

admin answers:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO.......Face Surgery.....Yeah he does....

Michael asks…

Why is Peyton Manning having neck problems that require surgery to correct?

I would have thought his shoulders would be the problem since he has been carrying the Colts ever since he has been starting for them.

admin answers:

I'm guessing, that he put the Colts on his shoulder, He couldn't take the pain, and had to get surgery.

Maria asks…

It has been confirmed that Peyton Manning has had Cervical Fusion surgery. Is his career over?

Wow.
Fireman-. He's a quarterback. Read about Cervical Fusion Surgery. There's no way it's 2-3 months given his position and what the surgery is going to do as far as limitations.
And Julius-As much as I hate the wrestling reference, I think you hit it right on the head as far as the long term affects of what's going to happen to Manning and the severity of the surgery.

admin answers:

I had that surgery last year but lower on the neck. He will be ABLE to play football again, but SHOULD he?

I teach martial arts and I'm not allowed to spar or grapple for a year after my surgery. Even then, I may be putting even more strain on the areas just above and below the fusion which means I could be more easily injured in the future.

If he's smart and wants to live the rest of his life able to walk, he should retire.

Linda asks…

now if peyton manning needs surgery and misses year, how far will colts fall?

admin answers:

He already had surgery.
They will be terrible without Manning. .500 if they are lucky.

Laura asks…

Why didn't Peyton Manning get surgery sooner?

Ok this question got deleted earlier. It may seem like I'm ranting about the uncertainty of his recovery date (yes, I'm a Colts fan) but I really want to know. I seriously don't know the answer to this question. All the info I found online just says that he got the surgery in May and that's about it.

It is seeming more and more likely that Manning won't be under center against the Texans on week one but will still probably be ready relatively early in the season. I'm wondering why he waited till the end of May to get neck surgery and didn't get it as soon as last year's season ended. I mean it's looking like he'll be ready at the very latest by week four so it seems like if he'd gotten surgery earlier he'd have been ready in time.

Was he trying to heal without surgery, or putting it off or did they not know it required surgery or what? His neck was giving him problems when the season was still going on so you'd think they'd have known.

I hope someone can shed some light on this. Speculation is ok but that's everywhere so if someone has actual info with a definite reason that would be awesome.
Ok that makes sense then. Thank you, German Melendez. It's been killing me wondering about that. That's understandable but disappointing that they didn't know sooner. At first I was angry thinking it may have just been poor planning but I should've have known it wasn't considering Peyton's commitment to perfection. At least Collins will help now and we don't have to rely on Painter. I'd rather Jeff Saturday snap the ball to an empty backfield than Curtis Painter.

GO COLTS!!! I'm still hoping to see the first SB where a team has home field advantage this year.

admin answers:

I am a die hard Colts fan as well, I live in CT and am neighbors (same neighborhood) with a particular Colts Parents (amazing people), I was wondering this very thing myself for the longest time and decided to ask them if they knew last week. They told me it was due to the fact that they believed Peyton could "rehab" the injury and avoid going under the knife. It wasn't until Peyton started feeling a lot of discomfort during "Manning Training Camps" with his teammates that they decided to put him through the high volume of tests and realize that it was a lot worse than originally anticipated. Surgery was the last option because the odds of needing a procedure done to that area, after the original surgery, goes up tremendously.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment