Monday, January 9, 2012

Questions About Saints Radio Internet

Maria asks…

Colts/Saints NFL Internet Feed?

I am in Europe... and I would really like to watch the Colts/Saints 2007 NFL kickoff. My TV won't have it... and all local sports bars will be closed due to the time difference.

Is there any place on the Internet I can watch a live feed of the game. I know I can listen to it via radio.... but what about TV?

admin answers:

I really know how you feel. Unfortunately, I cannot give you a link to WATCH it on. I can give you the best link for listening to it on. Jim Henderson and Hokie Gajan, the best personalities on the air, will be calling the game on WWL radio.

Http://wwl.com/index.php

I wish you the best of luck watching the game, but you can at least listen to it this way. And believe me, these 2 announcers are much better than anything you will hear on tv.

Susan asks…

Saints Row 2 - Where Can I Find This Song?

There's a song in Saints Row 2 on the Ezzzy Radio Station called "Just Strolling Along" by Sammy Burdson and John Charles Fiddy. Does anyone know where I can find it on the internet?

admin answers:

Try using the dogpile.com audio searchengine or use itunes or limewire, although you can easily get virus' through limewire.

Hope i helped ;-)

Michael asks…

Do you understand the types of high speed internet?

I need help :) I have to find high speed internet for my office, one desktop computer. We are in an unindustrialized area and cannot get cable or 'regular' high speed through charter, att, or any of the like. Tried satellite internet (Hughesnet) and will not work for us because of the fair access policy, which means we are only allotted so much to down and up load and after that the service becomes extremely slow. So, need help on other options. Looking into wireless, know that certain providers (Sprint) offer wireless card that plugs into the computer, but same thing we only are allotted so much and then charged fifty cents per mb or such past that. I need to be able to download all day all night if I wanted to, without losing speed or paying overages. Providers that have towers, radio frequencies?, can I get that if I can't even get cell reception in my office? (And no, Verizon Wireless is not available here either) What are and what's the difference between wireless routers, modems, usb port plugins, data cards????????? Any advice, suggestions, I really need some tech help. Only need it on one desktop computer, not trying to connect all over town. I'm in Southern IL near East Saint Louis if that helps. Thanks in advance any help much appreciated. Oh and for the record I can also NOT get socket, comcast, qwest, time warner, cox, embarq, clearwire...the list goes on and on :(

admin answers:

Try Wildblue.com. Similar to Hughes but much more liberal with downloads, etc.

William asks…

Does anyone know the song I heard at work today?

I was at work today and a song came on the radio that kind of sounded like the group "all saints" or "tlc" and it was a female singing with an orchestra behind her. the lyrics in the chorus sounded like "you know you got to have it, you know you got to get stronger" i tried google searching and cant find anything but its stuck in my head and driving me nuts. if any buddy knows it you will be my internet hero.
I don't really know how to use this but yes it is thank you soooooooo much

admin answers:

Is it Gabrielle - Dreams?

Http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/gabrielle/dreams.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O02kxh5NMSI

Nancy asks…

Rock and Pop: Would you consider observing "No Music Day" on November 21st?

Now before you go "OMG music is EVERYTHING how could you even think about not listening to it," I want you to hear me out on this one.

"No Music Day" is a concept invented by art and music maverick Bill Drummond of KLF fame.

It is a day to protest the cheapening of music as an artform with the continual mindless exposure that makes music a huge part of our modern lives. Infact even some radio stations have adopted it.

Through things like MP3 players, the internet, in-store stereos, elevator music, etc we now get saturated by music around us to the point where we start blocking it out.

It also stems as a day for people to think clearly about the question of "What do we want and don't want from music?" by being able to think without the very thing they're thinking about being right in their ears.

There is also a symbolic notion of it being on the 21st of November, as that is the day before the feast of St Cecilia, the Patron Saint of Music, making it kind of a musical equivilent to Lent.

Of course I'm not demanding you follow this as a law, but all I ask is that you consider the notion that we are as a society are over-exposed to music in so many ways that it has lost some of the magic. And if you agree think about marking off the 21st of November.

Links:
The official No Music Day website:
http://nomusicday.com/home.php

A few news articles from a few years ago about it:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/18/arts/18whit.html?_r=1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/7104144.stm

I'm posting this now and will do so frequently or infrequently over the next month and a bit as to inform and to remind people.

MQ: Songs about silence?
MQ2: Favourite KLF related song? (if you have one)
MQ3: Favourite Echo & the Bunnymen song? (Bill Drummond was once their manager)

BQ: Favourite holiday or event?
Edward: Of course I know that.

Infact of the last census I put down Discordian as my religion

admin answers:

That would be one of the hardest things I'd ever do!!!!!

MQ-Sound of Silence/Simon & Garfunkel
MQ2-3 am is my fave
MQ3-Never stop

BQ-Christmas

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment