Monday, January 2, 2012

Questions About Van Halen Teacher Solo

Betty asks…

Any Good Intermediate Guitar Songs I Should Learn?

I have been playing for just a little bit over a year now, and was thinking about what songs I should learn next. I'm not sure if I could actually be considered intermediate, but I thought oh well, close enough. Anyway, here are lists of songs I fully know, songs I know parts of, and songs that I know every part except for solo:

FULL:
Stairway to Heaven-Led Zeppelin
Meant to Live-Switchfoot
Re-Education (Through Labor)-Rise Against
Smoke on the Water-Deep Purple
Smells Like Teen Spirit-Nirvana
Everlong-Foo Fighters
Paint it Black-Rolling Stones
What's My Age Again?-Blink 182
Float On-Modest Mouse
Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)-LostProphets
Back in Black-ACDC
Never Too Late-3 Days Grace
Viva La Vida-Coldplay
Dream on-Aerosmith
Sunshine of your Love-Cream
I'm Yours-Jason Mraz
That Green Gentleman-Panic at the Disco
The Kill-30 Seconds to Mars
Kryptonite-3 Doors Down
Message in a Bottle-The Police
Face Down-Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Eruption-Van Halen (not full speed, of course)

PARTIAL:
Blackbird-Paul McCartney
Crazy Train-Ozzy Osbourne
Sweet Home Alabama-Lynard Skynard(i think i spelled that right)
Hotel California-The Eagles
Cliffs of Dover-Eric Johnson(not full speed, and only very beginning)
Welcome to the Jungle-Guns N Roses
Mr. Brightside-The Killers
Detroit Rock City-KISS
Black Dog-Led Zeppelin
Kashmir-Led Zeppelin
A Place For My Head_Linkin Park
Pushing Me Away-Linkin Park
In The End-Linkin Park
What I've Done-Linkin Park
One-Metallica
Enter Sandman-Metallica
Shake It-Metro Station
Hey There Delilah-Plain White T's
Eye of the Tiger-Survivor
Hot for Teacher-Van Halen

Missing Solo:
Beat It-Michael Jackson
Whole Lotta Love-Led Zeppelin
Sweet Child O' Mine-Guns N Roses(actually know half the solo)


Wow, that was a longer list than I thought. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read it all. If you have any good songs around my skill level, please tell me. Please no useless comments like "Wow your better than me" or "You suck, I been Playing for a year and can play Eruption full speed and other stuff". I honestly don't care(not to be mean or anything). Anyway, thanks.
I'm completely into old music, i like old stuff too. Im open to anything thats good.
My old details were messed up. Anyway, what i meant to say was that im not only into old music, i like a lot of modern stuff too. If its good, i'll try it! : )

admin answers:

Im 15 and have been playin for 2 years. Im at the advanced level. Here are some songs that are at your level

pride and joy by stevie ray vaughan( it took me 5 minutes to learn. Its easy)
panama by van halen
highway star by deep purple(its really easy)
the house is rockin by stevie ray vaughan( its easy but really catchy)
crossroads by cream(great blues song. I never get tired of playin it)
voodoo child by jimi hendrix
wait until tomorrow by jimi hendrix
red house by jimi hendrix( all songs by hendrix are great)
even flow by pearl jam
mr brownstone by guns and roses
comfortably numb by pink floyd( its easy but a great song for guitar)

i too love classic rock. I hate todays music. It just is phony. Good luck learning these songs

Jenny asks…

What is your favorite GUITAR SOLO?

Comfortably numb - Pink Floyd
The boys are back in town - Thin Lizzy
Voodoo Child - Hendrix
You shook me all night long - AC/DC
Far beyond the sun - Yngwie Malmsteen
Rainbow in the dark - Dio
You've got another thing comin' - Judas Priest
2 minutes to midnight - Iron Maiden
The number of the beast - Iron Maiden
Any way you want it - Journey
Stairway to heaven - Led Zeppelin
Symphony of destruction - Megadeth
Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne
Flying high again - Ozzy Osbourne
Time - Pink Floyd
Rock you like a hurricane - Scorpions
Eruption - Van Halen
Hotel California - Eagles
Freebird - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Hot for teacher - Van Halen


Mine is Hotel California


What's yours??

admin answers:

Crazy Train - Randy Rhoads.....is the best guitar solo i have ever heard...Randy all the way .........Followed by......

Cemetery Gates - Dimebag Darrel
Comfortably numb , Time - David Gilmour
The Trooper , Two Minutes To Midnight - Adrian Smith , Dave Murray
Beyond the Realms of Death - Glenn Tipton ......Kick@ss
Sweet Child O' Mine - Slash
Mr Crowley - Randy Rhoads.. Once again randy..
One - Kirk Hammett
War Pigs - Tony Iommi
Tornado of Souls - Marty Friedman
Rock You Like A Hurricane - Matthias Jabs
Cocaine - Eric Clapton
Light My Fire - Robbie Kreiger ....

Joseph asks…

Guitarists: How many years did you play guitar before learning Eddie Van Halen's "Eruption"?

I've played guitar for two and a half years and I can play Jimmy Page's "Heartbreaker" solo reasonably well. I'm not 100% satisfied (then again, how many guitarists are satisfied about their playing?), but I'm able to impress non-guitarists and guitarists with similar experience. A music teacher in my school says I'm pretty good after we jammed. Before that, I was very nervous about playing in front of people and it took him like 15 minutes to get me to do it.

I was listening to Eruption while driving to school this morning and I just felt really inspired to learn it. However, I don't know if I'm capable. How many years did you play guitar before learning Eruption?

... Now that I think about it, all the guitar solos that I can play are from Jimmy Page. Since I've Been Loving You, Black Dog, Heartbreaker, Communication Breakdown, Nobody's Fault But Mine...

God... I gotta expand my horizons!

admin answers:

I've been playing for 4 years and I don't know it. Yet.... ;)

You can't go wrong with Led Zeppelin :)

Michael asks…

i can't seem to improvise a solo?

i've been playing guitar for a little over a year. i can play stuff from ac/dc to bon jovi to van halen. recently we (guitar teacher and i) have been going over scales and whatnot. i know my scales fine, its just i cant make a solo out of it. he tells me to "just play" but i never know WHAT to play. i dont know where to start, or even then where to go next. i sit in my room for hours but i can never make up a solo. please i need some advice? we've been doing this for weeks if not months and im tired of not playing.

i try, i really do. but i dont know what to play :( i can never make up my mind how or where to start.

admin answers:

Just play something!

The whole idea of learning a scale shape is so you can freely play around and judge the sounds without worrying about technical obstacles.

It doesn't matter what you play, just play! If you don't play anything, then your teacher can't give you any feedback or advice. Even if you just pick one note and start wailing on it, that's better than sitting there looking dumbfounded. Besides, that one note could really kick ass! Look at Neil Young! He does that sort of thing all the time.

Sharon asks…

Feedback about my Custom Guitar Hero game?

Guitar Hero: Ripping Solos
--------------------------------------------------
Guitar Career Mode:
--------------------------------------------------
2- Return Of The Shred
-----------------------------------
- Hot For Teacher, Van Halen, 1984
- Dyer's Eve, Metallica, 1988
- Painkiller, Judas Priest, 1990
- Beast And The Harlot, Avenged Sevenfold, 2005
- (ENCORE SONG) Nottingham Lace, Buckethead, 2005

Post at least one Pro and one Con

Thank you

admin answers:

Hot for the teacher has a very hard entro.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment